Instagram

BEAUTY SKINCARE

How to do a Facial at Home in Just 15 Minutes

April 11, 2018
Woman wearing 3 different face masks showcasing a multi masking facial

I usually treat my skin to a full at home facial once a week on Sunday nights. This involves a full natural acid peel, followed by a detoxifying mask, and finishing with a hydrating treatment mask. But some weeks I just don’t have the time, or I am just too tired. Rather then abandon my weekly ritual all together I simply shorten the routine to 15 minutes by “multi-masking” Basically instead of applying each mask to my whole face, I apply multiple treatment products at the same time, only in the areas where they are needed the most. Not only does this save me tons of time, but it also allows me to get extremely specific with targeting my skin concerns, and use different products to target each of them, then I might doing a traditional facial. So don’t think you are cheating your skin by doing this, its actually beneficial to shake things up in your skincare once in a while!

These are the steps I take that cut my at home facial down from 1 hour, to 15 minutes!

1. Cleanse – Wash your face using hot water (it will help to loosen dead skin cells) and your favourite cleanser. If you have a cleansing brush such as a Clarisonic, use it; it will help to get your skin stimulated for the treatment process, as well as lightly exfoliate the skin.

Time: 1 minute

2. Exfoliate – You can use a regular manual exfoliant if you wish, but I prefer to use Skin Inc’s Pure Revival Peel, its an amazing peel that literally only takes seconds to use. Simply apply a thin layer, leave it for a few seconds until you see it turns slightly milky, and then gently massage it off. You can literally see the dead skin rolling off! Its amazing! (I actually discovered this product via a sample)

Time: 1 minute

3. Time to mask – You probably already have an idea of what your troubled areas are, so get out your treatment masks that focus on these concerns and apply them to the right areas. If you have spots on your face that you don’t think have an issue, then apply your hydrating treatment in that area. Leave all masks on for 10 minutes, and then wash off.

Time: 11 minutes

4. Finish – complete the facial by applying your favourite toner and moisturizer. If you use advanced skincare products you should apply them at the appropriate time.

Time: 2 minutes

And that’s it you’re done! Total time: 15 minutes.

Elaine
    April 16, 2018 at 8:59 pm

It’s a good reminder to do this weekly routine! Not just for our skin and our beautiful faces, but for our minds. Even if it’s only for 15 minutes to do this self-care activity.. I feel as though it could impact our week!! Thanks for sharing!

cortneyhare
      April 17, 2018 at 8:49 am

Thank you! I notice such a huge difference in my mood on a Monday morning on the odd weeks when I skip my Sunday night facial all together. Its part of my routine now!

Joan Cajic
    April 17, 2018 at 6:20 am

I love facials and I haven’t had one for a while, this will definitely make me have one soon.

cortneyhare
      April 17, 2018 at 8:50 am

Yay! Treat yourself! xo

Amber Myers
    April 17, 2018 at 8:27 am

I need to try this out. I’ve been meaning to try a facial. My skin could use one.

cortneyhare
      April 17, 2018 at 8:49 am

Once you start regularly doing them, there is no going back. Its amazing what a difference regular skincare makes in your skin!

Aashima
    April 17, 2018 at 12:07 pm

Skincare is so important for our skin. Thanks for walking over the steps, they all make so much sense.

tara pittman
    April 17, 2018 at 12:38 pm

I need to start taking better care of my skin. I tend to get lazy at night and just wash my face with water.

cortneyhare
      April 17, 2018 at 6:55 pm

Don’t wait until the end of the night! If I do I’m always so tired and want to skip steps, I always try to take care of my skin after I put my kids to bed. Then I have the rest of the evening to just relax!

Charmain
    April 17, 2018 at 4:59 pm

I like to multi-mask too. I use a detox mask on my t zone then a honey-based everywhere else. It makes such a difference. It’s also so relaxing. I usually do mine on Sundays.

Sarah Bailey
    April 17, 2018 at 5:05 pm

There is nothing like a good facial to pamper yourself and make your skin feel great! I love that you can really do them so quickly as well!

Melani Lukito
    April 17, 2018 at 8:06 pm

We need the facial treatments to make the face looks great. Are you sure that we only need 15 minutes to wear the mask?

cortneyhare
      April 17, 2018 at 9:58 pm

Yes, exfoliating and clay masks will start to irritate the skin if left on longer. Whipped and hydrating only masks can be left on longer, but 15 minutes is the standard norm for seeing great results!

Holly
    April 18, 2018 at 3:32 pm

Wow..what a great product. I love this. I totally want to try it out too.

LavandaMichelle
    April 18, 2018 at 9:03 pm

I think that facial mask are so relaxing! So I should really try this out. Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer L
    April 19, 2018 at 3:11 am

Oh I’m all about a good pamper me session. I definitely do my exfoliation and masks 1 to 2 times a week. It’s absolutely incredible for my skin, plus it’s such a relaxing pasttime.

Evelyn, PathofPresence
    April 19, 2018 at 6:14 am

This is brilliant. You have inspired me to complete my facial regimen regardless of time constraints. I especially love the idea of honing in on exactly what my skin. Thanks

cortneyhare
      April 19, 2018 at 2:47 pm

Yes! I’m always happy when I can help motivate others to practise good self care!

Andrea
    April 19, 2018 at 8:08 am

I do too. I love doing at home face treatments, I do a daily scrub with baking soda and coconut oil, and then I will do a face mask or two a week and what I use depends on what my skin needs. it is such a great way to treat yourself even if it is just 30 minutes.

Wanda Lopez
    April 19, 2018 at 11:50 am

Just this morning I was thinking about having to care for my skin (face) and how long it was since I’ve had a facial. I am grabbing the peel mask and give it a try.

cortneyhare
      April 19, 2018 at 2:48 pm

Yay! treat yourself, you won’t regret it!

Felicia
    April 19, 2018 at 1:13 pm

I need this! Thank you for the reminder. This is a very well written post.

Echo
    April 19, 2018 at 9:14 pm

This is great. I should really try to treat my skin better and more often. 15 minutes is not that long at all.

LaToyia Dennis
    April 21, 2018 at 9:10 pm

This is good stuff. I need to do more facials at home. I need to find a good product.

cortneyhare
      April 23, 2018 at 5:24 pm

Glamglow has great stuff! I love all their masks!

Aishwarya Shenolikar
    April 22, 2018 at 5:51 am

This sounds so much better than having to do an hour or more long facial! I guess this can even substitute the usual face masks I use.. Thanks for sharing!

Curlywhippedtee
    April 22, 2018 at 8:05 pm

This looks amazing and so fast. I will be trying this, thanks!