PSA: FATHERS DAY IS 2.5 WEEKS OUT!!!! I know those of you who have it together already know this, but if you are like me, it always sneaks up on you. (partly because for some reason I always think it’s in July? Anybody else) Even worse, ALL the men in my life are not easy to buy for! Some of you are lucky and have dads, and husbands who are relatively easy to come up with gift ideas for. But I feel like there are also quite a few of you ladies who are in the same boat as me. If you are don’t worry, I have compiled a list of successful gifts I have given to the hard to buy for dad in the past (not just for fathers day but for various occasions throughout the year) and I am sharing it with you today!
10 gifts for the hard to buy for dad.
- A Daniel Wellington Watch – These watches are sleek and sophisticated, making them a classic piece for any man to have as they will never go out of style! You can even buy interchangeable bands that are super easy to change. So you can buy him the watch for Fathers Day, and then you can add a new watch band as a stocking stuffer later this year for Christmas! (Because it’s never too early to be thinking about Christmas, amirite?!) Don’t forget you can use my code “CORTNEYHARE” at checkout for 15% off your order!
- A Weekender Bag – Summer is upon us, and that usually means weekend trips to the cottage or camping! Update his style with a new stylish weekender bag to keep all this belongings in.
- Personalized Coasters – These were a huge hit! I had some (faux) leather ones made for the cottage for T and I’s “leather anniversary” and he loved them! He even kept one here at the house for his bedside table!
- Zootility Tool – These things are great, they are like a pocketknife that slides into your wallet! It has a replaceable knife blade, screwdrivers, a pry-bar, bottle openers, and so much more. Great for any man, not just dads!
- A deluxe version of his favourite board game – I chose monopoly because it is a family favourite, and we play it all the time on rainy days up at the cottage. However you can buy just about any of the classic favourites in a luxury or deluxe version if you search on google. They are beautiful and built so much better then the regular box store versions. You can even take them and have them engraved with a special message for your dad. It’s something he will cherish, and allow him to spend quality time with loved ones!
- A used uniform wallet – These are super cool, you can choose from the different sports leagues and they all come with the official league sticker. The divider in the wallet is cut from a piece of the jerseys used in the latest season! If you don’t think a wallet would be his thing, this website also sells other cool used items from the league; used bat bottle openers, used football cufflinks. They even have stuff from golf, tennis, and college leagues as well.
- Bose bluetooth speaker – T literally carries this thing around like a modern day boom box. He likes music on at all times so he will bring it from room to room, or outside at the cottage. Its great because he doesn’t have to actually dock is phone in it, he can still use it and go to other nearby areas without having to cut the music. It’s super easy to use and the sound is amazing!
- Personalized mug – I love getting special mugs from people, I always think of them every time I use it. I’ve gotten picture mugs for people, mugs with cute messages that hold meaning for my relationship with that person. I even announced my first pregnancy by serving tea to my family in mugs with my first ultrasound picture and their new titles on them and waited for someone to notice! Every mug I have given has ALWAYS been a hit, no matter who its for. I usually like to take it a step further and fill the mug up with that persons (in this case dad) favourite treat, or a gift certificate for something they would enjoy!
- Skincare set – My friends we are in the age where men are starting to realize how important skincare is! Treat him to a set of the basics if he hasn’t hopped on the bandwagon yet, or treat him to some of his favourites if he has!
- An experience – Finally if you just can’t find anything you feel is just right. Get him an experience, maybe is racing a nascar, maybe its axe throwing, or skydiving, or maybe it’s something as simple as taking him to a movie together. Giving him the opportunity to do something he’s always wanted to do, or just an activity you can do together is always a beautiful gift.
Thats the list, hopefully you have found something that you can get for the special hard to buy for dad/man in your life this year. What was a great gift you gave a hard to buy for dad in the past, for any occasion? Let me know in the comments below as I still need to come up with an idea!!!