It feels as though we have lived through 3 winters and 3 springs already this year, but I feel like the warmer weather is finally here to stay! And right around the corner is SUMMER!!!! There is so much to love about summer; the sunshine, barbecues, time spent with family and friends, warm summer nights, the list goes on. The one thing about summer that really sucks, is when it is so hot and your wearing makeup literally feels like its melting off your face. You aren’t sure if you are beautifully glistening, or you look like Marge Simpson after using Homers “makeup gun” invention. Either way it just feels GROSS. Lucky for you I have compiled a list of 7 products you can use sweat proof your makeup and keep it looking and feeling fresh all day!
The 7 Sweat Proof Makeup Products
- mattifying Primer: A primer is important to create a flawless makeup application and help it last. It is especially important in the summer time when our skin is more likely to create oils and sweat that can cause our makeup to slip slide around on our face. While we still want out skin to glisten and glow, choosing a mattifying primer will help balance secretions (ugh, this word is so gross but all the synonyms are even more disgusting) to keep us from getting excessively shiny!
- BB creme: It’s hot in the summer, the last thing we want to do is spackle our face with a full coverage foundation, only to feel like its melting a few hours later. Let your skin breathe a little in the summer months, and switch to a lighter bb creme. It will let your skin breathe causing you to sweat less, even out your skin tone nicely, plus it has your SPF built right in! If you need to add a little concealer in a few areas for a boost of coverage you can!
- Shadow Primer: I love to talk about eye shadow primer! I mention it a lot and it is because it is such an overlooked makeup product that actually makes such a significant difference in your makeup application. Not only does it allow your shadows to pop more, but it keeps them from sinking into fine creases on our lids, and from slip sliding around due to oil production; something that tends to be more of a problem in the summer months!
- Lip and Cheek stain: Skip the powder blushes as they will become cake-y looking if you start to sweat. A stain or a gel product on your cheeks is a much better option in hotter weather, they will last much longer and tend to be “melt proof” as they sink into your skin. Most cheek stains can also double as a lip stain, which means you don’t have to worry about your creamy lipstick melting, or the summer breeze blowing your hair into your gloss… which we all know is the WORST!
- Gel Liner – If you want to wear eyeliner in the summer a gel is your best option. Eye pencils tend to be creamy and when you get hot that cream will start to slide around. Cake liners are activated with water, and sweat is water… meaning once you start sweating your eyeliner will be running!!! No good. A gel is not activated with water, it goes on smooth and once it dries it stays in place all day!
- Setting spray – Just like a primer, a setting spray goes a long way in helping your makeup to stay in place and look fresh all day. For summer try a mattifying spray to help control oil, and deflect excess surface shine!
- Blotting papers – Usually when we get a little shiny, we reach in our makeup bag and add a little powder to smooth things out. Try ditching this practice in the summer months, and switch out that powder for some blotting papers. Adding powder over top of excess oil and sweat will just turn into a cake-y mess and leave you feeling gross. Dabbing blotting papers over your troubled areas will get rid of any shine and leave your skin smooth and fresh looking again.
If you need to stock up on any of these products, there is still 1 week to enter my Sephora giftcard giveaway! CLICK HERE!!! And if you need product suggestions, feel free to leave a comment, I’m always happy to help! [CONTEST CLOSED]