A few weeks ago I shared with you all how I do my At Home 15 Minute Facial! Today I wanted to share with you some of my all time favourite masks that I have tried over the years (and believe me, I have tried LOTS) When I sat down to write this post, these 5 immediately came to mind, I use them all regularly and have bought them all on repeat many many times. It is also no coincidence that all of them happen to be award winning face masks!
- Glamglow Supermud – Hands down my all time favourite detoxifying mask. I use this once a week to give my skin a nice deep clean. It uses activated charcoal which tightens on the skin and penetrates to pull out impurities. One of my favourite things about this mask is that is has something called “Pore-Matrix Technology” so you can actually visibly see dots on your face where congestion has been pulled out and been encapsulated in the mask! (insane right?! You almost feel proud when you don’t see too many dots!) The mud formulation helps to balance natural oil production in the skin. Finally it also contains a combination of 6 natural acids that help to kill bacteria, purify the skin, and gently exfoliate, leaving the skin clear and glowing!
- Vitality Mask – This mask is divine! It is whipped and I’m not lying when I say it feels like whipped cream going on your face! Unlike most masks, this one does not dry, allowing you to leave it on as long as you’d like (you can even sleep in it, if you are a calm sleeper) This makes it one of my favourite masks for hydration. It is enriched with co-enzyme Q10, which is a fat soluble nutrient found in almost all cells in our body, which help to fuel cell renewal. As we age we begin to produce less and our skin begins to show sings of aging. Adding C-Q10 into our skincare will help to increase oxygen to the tissue and stimulate circulation and cell renewal! This mask also contains Zinc Oxide, a healing mineral known to reduce sensitivities and inflammation, and soothe the skin. Which means this mask is really great for those with sensitive skin, Rosacea, and cystic acne!
- Eminence Organics Eight Greens Masque – HOT – This mask was sent from the heavens to treat hormonal breakouts! It contains a blend of organic extracts made up of yucca, hops, horsetail, lavender, flaxseed, red clover, and stonecrops to help balance the skins hormone levels! (sounds crazy I know, but it really works!) It also contains paprika, which stimulated blood flow, which helps to aid in detoxifying process, as well as cell renewal and collagen production. Because the paprika is so stimulating, it will cause the skin to get hot and tingly which is completely normal for this mask, and will leave your skin looking flushed for about 10 minutes after you remove it. You can also get a version of this mask without high levels of paprika, meaning it will not cause your skin to become as stimulated if you are pregnant, have sensitive skin, or simply don’t like the sensation.
- Eminence Organics Bamboo Age Corrective Masque – This is one of my favourite anti-aging masks as it contains a potent mixture of some of the best natural anti-aging ingredients on the market. Bamboo extract which contains soluble and insoluble fiber, proteins, antioxidants, and essential vitamins and minerals to help maintain strong, tight skin. Chicory Root, which is a natural alternative to retinol which helps to smooth and firm the skin. Argan stem cells which help to boost collagen and smooth fine lines. And finally one my all time favourite ingredients, Swiss apple stem cells, which help to increase the production of human stem cells, not only resulting in stronger skin cells, but actually helping to repair damaged ones! (You can read more about this amazing ingredient here, if you are interested)
- SKI-II Facial Treatment Mask – These sheet masks are the holy grail of masks, yes they are expensive AF but totally worth every cent. Luckily you can buy single sheets, or a set of 6 or 10 so there are options when it comes to your financial investment in them. I reserve my stock of these for special occasions, or when my skin really really needs a boost. Each mask contains about 30mL of “pitera” which is a blend of vitamins, amino acids, minerals, and organic acids that aid in the skins natural renewal process. Which helps to smooth, firm, brighten, and hydrate the skin on a whole new level. Trust me there is a reason why celebrities swear by these and they continue to win award after award!
If you haven’t tried any of these award winning face masks, I encourage you to! I know you will love them as much as I do! And if you have tried any let me know which one is your favourite in the comments below!